My college group isn’t that big. As a matter fact it’s pretty small. We have about 30-40+ people. Our Tuesday night’s pretty basic and generic. We get together, we worship, have food, our pastor preach and then we hang out. That’s what we always do. That’s the typical Tuesday Night for us.
Well, that changed last night. My college pastor and I had a talk about how we’re going to change the direction of our college group. We are going to change the ‘mission’ of our group and why we exist. We want to be missional & intentional. We don’t just want to hang out or serve at our local church, but we wanna be THE CHURCH and serve outside our local church and love on people.
So last night we split up into groups. The agenda is to go out, go to different places, love on people, pray for them, buy them food and just simply love on them. I had 4 more people with me. So we went to downtown and just sought and looked for opportunities to bless and love on people. Here’s what happened.
1. Maggie and Addy - They were sitting outside at a small yogurt place. We approached them, got to know them and offered to buy them anything, or pray for them. They were shocked and surprised how kind and loving we were to them.
2. Connie - Saw her outside Ross store. Prayed for her life and family.
3. James - Ran into an old boss of mine. Prayed for him while he was inside the car parked.
4. We went inside a local drugstore. Got inline and paid for someone’s stuff behind me. As well as my other group too. I prayed for this girl and for her colds to go away!
5. Kimberly - Ran into an old HS classmate of mine at Starbucks. She was studying for a test. She told me she was not sure of her future and what she wants to do. Prayed for her study time and for God’s will to unfold in her life.
6. AJ & Sandra - 2 good friends of mine I ran into outside Starbucks. i told them what my group and I were doing. I prayed for them and they prayed for our group as well.
7. Creol - Immediately after my friend AJ prayed for us, this guy Creol came out of nowhere. Long story short, this guy at first seemed to be talking like as if he’s a christian but he wasn’t. He had a different spirit in him. I prayed for him and he prayed for me. His prayer was so long that my buddy AJ had to cut him. Later on my friend told me that he discerned that this guy Creol doesn’t have the Spirit of God in him!
Crazy night I know! And get this, after that we went back to my pastor’s house and we heard crazy stories of how some of my friends prayed for healing and all that! What?!?!?
God you’re amazing! Thanks for moving in my group last night! This is just the beginning of a movement that will continue, build, and will crush satan and his minions! This movement will serve as a catalyst in our local church and will spread into our community! MORE LORD! WE WANT MORE!!! :)